29 Nov Milestone Director appointed to MEA Board
Meetings & Events Australia (MEA) held its election on Tuesday 27 November at the Meetings and Events Australia head office in North Sydney. Three persons were elected to the Board of Directors, joining Anne Jamieson, who completes her second two-year term in 2019. Executive positions were subsequently appointed by the Board. MEA’s Board of Directors and Executive roles
- Anne Jamieson (Saxton Group), Chairperson
- Kate Smith (WALDRONSMITH Management), Vice Chairperson
- Michael Firman (Harry the hirer), Treasurer
- Alana Hay, (Milestone Creative Australia), Director
- Disbanding of the Electoral Council – shifting the responsibility of voting incoming Board members to MEA members for the 2019 Board elections.
- A maximum six year term for any Board member, commencing in 2019, with the longest serving Board members to automatically step down after six years.
- Identifying and broadening the skills and expertise on the Board through a gap analysis and advertised roles. The Board may directly appoint up to two Directors with specialist skills, where an identified skills gap exists on the member-appointed Board.
- An increased Board size of up to seven Directors (from five) including the two Board-appointed positions.
- No requirement to be AFMEA as a Director of the Board.
- Following an audit of membership and elimination of lapsed members, MEA recorded a 7% increase in members. The forecast for the 2018/19 period will report a significantly stronger result as MEA moves forward with a clean baseline.
- An extremely positive financial result of $278,000 profit for FY2017/18.
- More than 54 events held in 2017/18, including 30 Professional Development sessions plus networking and awards events held nationally.
- MEA was awarded a seven-year approval as a Registered Training Organisation by ASQA, making it the Australian event industry’s only membership organisation to offer Accredited quality training, with qualified trainers and assessors.