The Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) were thrilled at the opportunity to work with the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy Indonesia to deliver a 2 week online training course, upskilling 120 Indonesian event professionals on how to transform their live events to virtual events. The course brought together 17 keynote speakers, 4 platform demonstrations, personal mentors to guide the attendees with their marketing event strategies. The Ministry of Tourism awarded students with the top 6 ideas funding to deliver their virtual events.
Our Director, Alana Hay was the opening keynote speaker on Thursday 14 May, educating the 120 event managers on Virtual Event Marketing “cutting through the noise”. The one hour presentation included a 45 minute session, recorded at Redback Studios, plus 15 minute live Q&A with all participants online. The session covered:
- 5 new phases to virtual event marketing right now – starting with the dreaming phase, to brand building, through to the purchase
- Making an emotional connection (even through online marketing)
- Finding your [online] tribe
- Being digital-ready – socials, six tips for a great event website, long-tail voice and image search, customising eDMs, funnels, machine learning
- Optimising creative for online marketing
- Digital marketing
- Tips on content marketing
5 Star rating – All 120 students were asked to provide a compulsory survey. All participants rated this keynote at 5 stars across three categories – content, engagement and relevance.
Due to the success of the course the AMI will be launching an on demand course for Australian Event & Marketing professionals mid-June. More can be found here.
Congratulations to the students who will be able to produce virtual events with their newly learned skills.
Thank you to Billie Cox at the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) for this wonderful opportunity. You did a spectacular job with the entire program, which featured many of the Australian event industry’s giants!
If you attended this course, you can use your code to download the presentation online here.